Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Did I buy enough turkey?


Today I have just been plain cold. It's not even that bad out, it's like 50 something, but man the wind is blowing. I took Asher out and retreated to the garage (to read Martha Stewart) where I could get out of the wind a bit and still see Asher dig to China. I'm taking advantage of nap time to catch up on my blog before I go upstairs to draw some. The picture is part of my messy desk that I see at my computer, but I like to think it is "warm and cozy" looking.

I have been reading some just fabulous blogs lately. My newest thing here is to give a little nod to some of the places I visit. Some on a regular basis, some by chance. There are funny ones, serious ones, creative ones, complaining ones, some just flat out brag and others quietly show their creativity and wit.

I bought just a Turkey breast this year and will be cooking it at my dad's this year, so I let it thaw in his fridge. I got home and then freaked out because I just figured out how long that is going to take! I think this turkey is going to have to take the plunge, into the sink that is. My grandma used to always thaw out meat in the sink. Long before all of us turned into germ-a-phobes. I read that the sink, espcially the drain, is the germiest area in the kitchen. It was nothing to walk by her sink, in search of something to eat or drink and pause to look at the skin and headless squirrel carcasses floating in luke warm water.

I won't just leave you with that thought, so here is...

"This Artists Observations of the Day"

Feeling of the day: cold on the outside, but warm inside :)

I'm grateful for: optimistic people

I am wearing: Royal Blue

I thought about today: is my turkey thawing out?

I miss: warm summer afternoons

Best thing I did today: took my kid outside even though it was blustery

Today I visited:
http://designsbyck.blogspot.com/2009/11/vamp-jack-haunted-sno-cap-hallomas.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DesignsbyckBlog+%28Designs+By+CK+%7E+Blog%29

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo...I like the small photo to the left of Asher and your mom. It is cold and windy today as well, but I took a short drive around the lake to soak up some scenery. We are only a 10 minute drive to Lake Worth so it is good therapy! Tabby is doing better so I'm hoping we can save her life for a few more years. Jon is working at the newspaper on Thanksgiving while I'm nursing kitty. It's more important to observe holidays when you have children. They need good childhood memories! Have a good Turkey Day. My mom thawed stuff in the sink too! We are still alive to tell about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog you have. I love how you put your feelings of the day.

    Your moon at night card in your etsy shop is adorable.

    I also notice that you and I have downloaded the same picture of the nativity.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes baby chicks of a certain age.... har har

    Have a wonderful day.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!