Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wow

Wow! I haven't posted in a week. I guess I just haven't been in the sharing kind of mood. For some reason this week has been particularly hard emotionally. It marked the 3 month anniversary of my mother's death on Wednesday, the 20th. It also was my dad's 62nd birthday on Tuesday. I've been very weepy. I know my dad is going through a hard time. He is lonely and that hurts me. I miss her so terribly every day but I do have my son and my husband and then I think of my dad... he lost his mate. As hard as losing my mother was, I know losing a mate of 38 years has got to be devastating. They were perfect for each other and truly were soul mates. I always compared my relationships to theirs, and none have matched theirs, sadly.

On a happy note, my best friend Kelly turns 39 today! Happy Birthday Kells! She has been my rock on more than a few occasions. And I know she will be there for me in the future. Isn't it great to have one true thing in your life? I'm lucky.

5 comments:

  1. i can imagine how you must feel and i do feel for your dad... take care my fren ... and perhaps get dad to go out more often and find him some frens and a new hobby ... it will take his mind off all the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your dad. He is very lonely and it is always more difficult for men to be left behind than for women. Women cope better and are stronger emotionally. Include him more than usual. Remember him with little things like cards and phone calls. My dad passed nine years before my mother and it was better that he went first. He could not have survived without my mother. Thinking of you so often because we are sharing some difficult times. Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for popping by my Blog and your lovely comment on my Mystique submission.

    I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I lost my Daddy 20 years ago and it seems just like yesterday. I know it must be so hard for you and your Dad also.

    Sending you sunshine,
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all for your friendship and continued support... you all help keep my going :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!