Friday, March 19, 2010

Aha moment

Happy Friday evening! I've just been reading some of my favorite artist blogs and have to recommend this one in particular to all my artist friends or anyone that is feeling creative (and I think we are all creative beings!).

It's Lindy Gruger and her blog and art called L. Gruger Whimsical Art and Travels Blog. She has in particular a 5 part series called "One Artist's Journey" and I think it is really interesting to learn about the lives of people and how they arrived to where they are in life now. I've humbly suggested her to put the series on a single page to make it easier to move from one part to the next but it isn't really hard to find the next installment. So if you get a chance and want to read about the decades of an artist's life, start here. There are a lot of beautiful paintings and it's an interesting read that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

I commented to Lindy that I just realized that I am almost 40 and have not journalized my life really at all. She has inspired me to do that. I see the importance of chronicling your life as an artist and want to partake in that more routinely. Even though I've thought of my blog as a sort of journaling, I want to have something just for myself to see how I've evolved.

Have a great weekend. ~Jaime

4 comments:

  1. Nice post & it was nice to meet Lindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your journaling! I'll check out that link soon... I agree that it is interesting to learn of how an artist gets started, the paths he or she takes, the processes, trials and errors, successes and screw-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the information, Jaime. I actually was fortunate to win some of Lindy's art cards when I participated via I Heart Handmade's website last year. She's so very talented! I will definitely check out her series. : ) Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaime, Thanks for mentioning my blog! I'm so glad I was able to inspire you to start chronicling your artist journey. There's a website at journeyoncanvas.com that also talks about the artist journey which you might find interesting as well. http://www.journeyoncanvas.com/Embarking.aspx

    I'm going to take your suggestion and combine the series into one post - I may make it a page on the site so it's easy to get to. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Happy Spring!
    ~ Lindy

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!