Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010 and new Treasury

Today marks another year gone by. Can you believe it? I've been thinking of things that I want to do or change for my life and self in 2011 much like New Year's Resolutions but not so rigid. Of course lose weight is in there... ugh. But more importantly I'm still trying to figure out just who I am. Still at 40, ha ha... Who am I? Who am I as a mother? Who am I as a woman, wife, daughter? Who am I as a friend? Who am I as an artist?

I intend to explore the last one in great detail this new year. I feel I am at a crossroads with my artwork. I am not satisfied with much of what I've created and feel I haven't really been creating from my heart. What I really want to create. It is easy to get caught up in trying to guess what will be well received and therefore purchased and all the while lose what it was I was trying to convey with my art and get out what I was truly feeling when I started to create it.

Maybe fear has been interfering with the process as well. Fear of letting someone down with what might come out on paper or canvas. My fear that I'm not good enough, which I'm sure plagues lots of us. Fear of just getting it started and a big one for me, fear of it not turning out as I envision it and letting myself down.

A creative opportunity has presented itself to me as of late and I'm waiting to find out more but I have high hopes and it has renewed my creative spirit which is great even if this opportunity doesn't pan out.

I really enjoy keeping up my blog with tidbits from my life and art and I love it that you peek in and occasionally comment. I so enjoy reading about my online friends too and find great inspiration from all of you. May this new year be the greatest year of our lives so far!

Oh and quickly, one of my greeting cards with my photography has been included in a pretty Collection on Artfire. I also have this card in my GeeJayCreations Etsy shop.

An Artfire Collection

Be safe my friends. Let us not forget the past, but look brightly towards the future. Happy New Year!


"This Artists Observations of the Day"

Feeling of the day: Happy and looking forward to a new year!

I'm lovin': getting some snacks ready for a party tonight with good friends

My view: my son watching cartoons

I thought about today: my mom and how her life shaped mine

I miss: sharing talks with my mom

Best thing I did today: sleep until I woke up!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cheery collection, congratulations!
    I can completely relate to everything you said, here's to finding out more about ourselves and our art in 2011.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime! It's interesting how the New Year encourages us all to rethink and refocus. Change is always good - you should create art from your heart for you and not for others. :) Congrats on appearing in another lovely treasury. Here's wishing you and yours an enchanting and prosperous New Year! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sweetheart! I hope this year brings you much love, happiness and good health my dear!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, sweet lady! I understand about being at a crossroads with your art, and it seems like when *that* is in place, everything else follows. Just start playing and see where it leads :)
    xoxo
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year !
    How cool you are in this collection ! your card is gorgeous !
    I love what you wrote...Makes me think of what i want to be. I love your Art and i think you are very talented.
    Etsy was not very successful at all for me this year. I think the economy hurt everybody, so as long as we are doing what we love, we are good.
    Lots of success and fun for you in the New Year !
    Big hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I love your blog title. I'd steal it if I could, but I can't so it's yours. Dammit!
    I wish you best of luck on your commitments for this year! I too am hitting my mental/artistic reset button!
    Xx,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Jaime! You know we all have those fears. But some how we have to get past them and just fell the fear and do it anyway. The most successful people do that.
    Thanks you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. When I reflect back to last year. You are one of my favorite bloggie people. Thank you my friend! I have been so blessed to have meet you thru this internet world.
    So I know both of us will make this a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!