Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lovin' from the oven - Banana Bread Bonanza!


Today we had rain and temperatures colder than normal and I had some bananas that were way past their prime so that makes a great combination for Banana Bread! Oh the wonderful smell that fills the house... so warm and homey.

I've made lots of loaves of banana bread in my lifetime, as it has always been a favorite of mine and my family growing up and now my family as an adult. My most favorite recipe and the one I always go back to is from a great long time friend, Amie (a very gifted artist) and it's the best I've ever tasted. I've used this recipe for a long time now and added a little cinnamon and walnuts but that is it.

start with these!
add some yummy walnuts
makes a lot of batter
I always work in a mess and make a bigger mess ;)

So here it is in all is yummy deliciousness... baked in my mother's loaf pan :)

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons of sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda (dissolved in sour cream before added)
3 really ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup of flour
handful of walnuts (optional)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F

Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla, sour cream w/baking soda dissolved in it and finally the flour.

Bake in a greased loaf pan for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean and not gooey. Top will be pretty brown and firm. Let cool some (if you can!) and enjoy.



5 comments:

  1. Jaime that is awesome. I love banana bread It's been a while since last I made one and yours looks scrumptious. Yum! Oh by the way, one of our banana trees has bananas on it. I'm going to take pictures of it tomorrow and post it. We have about 5 or maybe more banana trees and never get bananas. This year we are getting avocados, not many just a few and the bananas. Oh Lord am I happy about that. Nice bread. I'll have to make some bread soon. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks heavenly :) I love banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, I love banana bread. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this looks completely delicious, Jaime!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM- I made pumpkin scones yesterday- it really WAS a perfect day for staying in and baking....

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!