Friday, October 23, 2009

I buried my Beloved Mother today














I buried my mom today. I feel so much heartache and sorrow, but also kind of a let down... the kind you get after being so busy your head was spinning to having not much of anything to do.

We made arrangements on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday I can't remember what I did... oh wait, yes I searched for the things I needed to take to the funeral home like a dress and the obituary that I wrote and mad searches for pictures, Thursday I did my mom's makeup, hair and nails (Yes, I did that, how could I not? it was the last thing I could do for her. To make her beautiful again for her tribute. not that it was hard, she was a beautiful woman) and put on her jewelry that she wanted and set up the room with gobs and gobs of pictures of her and the family over the years.

Today, Friday, we had both the visitation, service and burial. I'm a little pooped, but also feel like what now? I feel a huge void now that I have nothing to do for my mom, no feeding her, no giving her backrubs, no laughing together, no telling her I love her and looking into her eyes and seeing that she loved me back. And now, no planning her funeral because it is done, it is over, she is gone.

I'm also one of those freaks that takes pictures at a funeral, so sorry if it freaks you out. It's part of how I cope.

I feel a huge void that I cannot pick up the phone and hear her voice. just a huge void. emptiness. loneliness. a feeling that life has changed and will never be quite as joyous or fun as it was. like a piece of me is missing. A sorrow that my son will not get to live his life with her in it. A sorrow that she is no longer in mine, in body at least. She knows all the answers now. I am comforted though that I know she is in heaven. That I will see her again, but my mind and body is selfish and I want her here with me now. Not sick, but like she was a year ago.

I miss her laugh. I miss her voice. I miss her funny expressions and happy eyes. Her hugs and love. I miss her.

3 comments:

  1. Jaime, I so sorry to hear this. I too now have lost both of my parents. I understand the feelings you are expressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this with us. I know how hard it is to write about such a loss. My mother has been gone since December 28, 2008 and I think of her every day. Dad passed in 2000, but he is missed every day as well. Things happen in my life and I want so much to share them with my parents, but I feel like they know....they are watching over me somehow. It will take time and I can't say time heals all wounds because it's not true. There will always be a void, but it will be less painful with the passage of time and as you reflect and understand how your life will be. Please get some rest and take care of your family. You have gained more wisdom thru this experience and Asher will benefit from it. I will be thinking of you.....Janette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. It's so delightful to meet new friends. It's with much sadness as I came to read your blog that I find your mother has passed away. I am sooooooo sorry and feel a hurt in my heart for your loss.

    Those waves of sadness will come and go and you just need to ride them in and out as you deal with the pain and grief.

    ps-There is nothing wrong with taking photos of a person in a casket, in my opinion. I do it too. It's another step in this journey we are on together.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!