Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day


Today is Veteran's Day and I wish to thank each and every service person, retired or active, for your service to our great country. In fact I want to thank you each and everyday. If it wasn't for all of you, we would not enjoy the liberty that we have today.

My dad was drafted in 1972 to the Army. He served at the Pentagon and said that made a man out of him. We lived in Washington for 5 years and I have vague memories of life back then. My dad has always been proud of the fact that he served his country, and I've always been proud of my dad.

Please everyone, thank a Veteran today.

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome soldier! I agree...we should never forget the sacrifices the military and their families have to go thru. I think the Fort Hood incident has given a lot of people insight into military life and the dangers they face every day. Take care, Janette

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!