Friday, June 25, 2010

Has anyone read this article in the NY Times?

I was logging onto my email at yahoo when one of their articles caught my attention. A beautiful picture of this tiny little Victorian cabin with this tiny little pretty woman on the porch. I read the article and cannot believe what this woman has accomplished all on her own, no thanks to her big burly husband whom she takes up for but I think secretly wants to shame, and rightly so! 

She has taken this hunting cabin and made it gorgeous, something worthy of Victorian Magazine or Better Homes and Gardens. But I am just dumbfounded at her story. I know love is supposed to be blind, but it doesn't have to be stupid and kick you in the head too! This man from what I gather is a loser with a capital L and living off of her while he stays home and makes a mess for her to clean up. He is a great big guy and stays home baking bread and picking flowers while she commutes 4 hours and works in the city during the week and looks like she really needs to eat something!! It must be the full moon making me crazy, but I tell you what, I want to go give this life sucking leach a piece of my mind! I have no use for free loading men, no matter how romantic they are (which she claims he is). Yuck. I just feel sick. I hope the right person reads this article, sees her potential and offers this woman a great job with big $$ and benefits so she can have the self confidence to leave his sorry ass and have the real dream home that she is so obviously able to create for herself. Kick his butt to the curb. ooooo!!!!! I need to stop, I am getting more mad just typing about it! %#$@! Loser. ooo don't you hate men sometimes!

ok, ok, I've just made a funny button and have managed to calm down a bit... I do realize that this chick doesn't exactly sound like she's playing with a full deck and this could be one of those deals like that wacked family that said their son was up in a hot air balloon, but all kidding aside. I am not a male basher, I like men. I just don't like free loading men ;)

Wow, this may have been my first rant. I feel better. Feel free to snag my button.



I'd love to hear what you all think of this. Here is the article http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/garden/24cottage.html?pagewanted=1&no_interstitial

1 comment:

  1. Woo hooo... that was some rant, Jaime! We all have those sometimes... often about the same subject, often about other irritating topics. I haven't read the story, but I have to say I'm curious as to what got you in such an uproar! Hee hee. Well, I hope you feel better now!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!