Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reminiscing Florida

I took a little shopping adventure to the Historic District of New Smyrna Beach called Canal Street and snapped some pretty pictures. Here they are.
Quirky tree, beautiful lines though

Beautiful Old Live Oak Tree
Boy, if there was one thing that I would love to bring home with me it would have to be those gorgeous old Live Oaks with that romantic spanish moss hanging from them. I'm a sucker for trees anyway, but the moss just is the icing on the cake.

Gas light with that beautiful moss again
There is some sort of tree hanging on this light, so maybe a little bird (or a big one, that is a branch!) was trying to make a comfy nest.

The Historic District Canal Street in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
These palms almost look like a Hollywood set, it was perfect looking. There were strings of twinkle lights all through these beautiful palms, too. I didn't get to see them lit up, but I'll bet it is a site to see.

Quaint old Antique Shop
I really wanted to get into this place to snap some pictures, the gardens were beautiful, but it was for sale and closed up. How cute is this place??!! I were to ever own an antique shop, I'd want it to look like this.
Details of a doorway

They don't make them like this anymore
I love old architecture. I don't know why the care and design is not put into new buildings like this. Too time consuming and costly I guess. What a shame. I'm becoming more and more of the mindset that I want everything around me to be attractive and homey no matter how insignificant. I think it might be from reading those magazines Where Women Create all the way to Florida and back. I've also been reading from more and more artists that they advise your surroundings to be inspiring and I think they're on to something ;)

Have a great rest of the week!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!