Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

I want to thank all the service people who are or have served for our great country. God Bless America and God Bless you.


I haven't posted a new blog post lately. I have been distraught and Banshee has not returned home and I cannot find her. I am just sick. I feel almost like I'm betraying her by posting again, without talking about her and I also feel people are sick of hearing the story. I look everyday, I've spent countless hours driving around slowly extending my perimeter if she's gone further. 


Strangely enough the other day I drove into the driveway only to have a black and white husky looking at me. At first glance I thought Banshee? Some one has found her and even groomed her, since this dogs fur was nice and groomed and clean and short. But within seconds I realized that the bounce in this dogs step and whining for me was not my Baby Girls. Almost cruel I thought. Is this the heavens sending me a new dog? This was clearly a very young dog. It's manners were not very good yet, it jumped all over me and it took me a while to decide to let my boy out of the car. It immediately jumped on him. But once we paid attention to it, it calmed somewhat. I found a note on my door telling me that she thought she had found my dog and to call her if this was not her. What a coincidence, huh? I fed the cute little guy and then I called the lady and she came back to get the dog.


So I can only deduct that the people that told me they had seen Banshee, had probably seen this young husky instead. I thought about taking a picture of it to post, but time slipped away quickly and the lady came promptly to get him. They could easily be confused from afar.


In happier news, we took our boat out for the first time this year. We hadn't taken Asher in the boat yet, but he loved it. We went to Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake the next day. My mother in law just lives about 25 minutes from them so we had a place to stay overnight and a built in baby sitter for a late night steak dinner from our favorite Texas Roadhouse on Saturday night. We did have a good time, even though I was sad from Banshee missing and the fact that another holiday has come and gone without my mother. I miss her terribly still and now worry for my dad. He is in a depression and I don't know what to do for him.


Well, I didn't mean for this post to be so long, so if you're still with me, thank you! I'll be visiting everyones blog soon. Hope you all had a great long weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jaime, I am so very sorry about Banshee. I send hugs your way. I am happy that you have a nice holiday weekend. Love seeing those smiling faces on all of you! Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your find your dog soooooon. I can not imagine loosing my dog. I'm such a dog lover. They do not live long enough in my opinion. Many pet dogs have come and gone in my life and it's like losing a best friend each time. Big dogs do not live as long as smaller dogs.
    But anyway I'm getting all weepy. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heartbroken for you, Jaime. It's hard enough to let go of our dogs when they are with us, but to have Banshee gone, to not know what happened, and to not be able to give her one last hug, that's unbearable, I know.

    I know you miss your mom too. I still miss mine and think of things I'd like to share with her, and she's been gone for 34 years. Each passing year makes it a little easier though, and then you reach a place where you can miss her without crying, without being filled with sadness, but instead there's a sweet feeling, a longing still, but one that's okay.

    On the flipside, I love the photos of your smiling family and am glad you had a great day that day! Keep smiling, girl... it looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!