Friday, May 14, 2010

Time flies

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted last. Time sure flies as the saying goes and it does. I made it through Mother's Day with a few tears. This was my first Mother's Day without my mom and I sure miss her.

The new kittens are still here but now they are showing signs of extreme unfriendliess. I'm not happy about that at all. Today, Banshee found them and as I scolded her and made noise for her to get away from them I went to check on them to make sure nobody got stepped on or worse. As I picked them up to check them they were growling and spitting and carrying on like I was the enemy! I was insulted. If they only knew what an animal person I am. I am afraid they are gonna be wild and may not be tamed. They have spit at me before the other day, but I didn't exactly know that's what they were doing until it was more pronounced today. I can't have a bunch of wild cats around the house that I have to feed while they breed as their heart desires. What to do... I've been feeding Mama Cat but she still runs from me.

Tomorrow I have another art show at Audubon State Park in Henderson, KY. I hope the rain stays away, it's an outside show. There is Bluegrass for the entertainment. I hope we do well. I need to pack the truck now, so I'm off and I'll post about how it was asap.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hugs to you, Jaime! I hope you are well - you are a very strong individual, and some tears are to be expected. But I am sure you celebrated in such a way as to honor your mom.
    That is unusual behavior for the kitties...maybe you can contact the local Humane Society in your area. They could possibly come and take the kittens and prep them for new homes. Just a thought...
    GOOD LUCK on your art show!!! I'll have my fingers crossed that the weather will be awesome.
    Take care and I'll chat with you soon.
    Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the outdoor show went well, weather-wise and sale-wise! And I hope you can figure out what to do with the kitties. Those feral cats are really hard to tame, but it can be done. It just takes lots of time (many weeks!!) and patience and consistency. But calling the local Humane Society may be a good idea; if they can't help, perhaps they can refer you to an animal rescue place so you don't have to resort to the shelter... definitely not a good thing. Good luck, and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all went well with your show. And I hope you get a resolution to your cat prob. soon. Can the local cat shelter advise you? T.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you are wanting to comment but please know that I have moved my current blog (this is the old host). You can now find me at www.jaimehaney.com/blog and leave a comment there. This very same post is on there, as I have picked up the whole kit and kaboodle and moved it. I hope to see you! Please come by and say howdy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join the Spooky Fun!